Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Families Are Like Fleas...

Sometimes, they really bite.

A rainy "Mother's Day", gloomy, but not a bad day overall. I woke up early and got ready to drive to mom's house. My step-dad told me of reservations for brunch, but I wanted to get there earlier to spend some time with my mom. I went to the flower store and got my mom some of her favorite flowers, carnations. I brought the homemade, heart-felt, sentimental gifts I had made for her a week earlier. I do love my mom a lot. For as much as I can get annoyed by her, she really has been a good mom.

So I got there 3 hours before the brunch reservation. I visited with my mom, talking about all sorts of things. I gave her the gifts I made before she put on make-up, I was smart, I knew she would cry. We ooohed and aaaaahed at my 12-year-old brother, who dressed up for mom. As the time started to get closer to go, I started to wonder where my sister was. When mom went to get ready I quietly asked my step-dad. Crap! The BLEEPING BLEEP BLEEP was not going to be there. My dad had never gotten a hold of her, but left a message with one of her boyfriend's family members.

So we went to brunch, minus one child. No "Happy Mother's Day" call from her. Nothing. I could BLEEP for quite a while. What a horrible child, what a horrible person. Of course this isn't the first time she's missed mother's day. She was a no-show 2 years ago. How many times do I have to see my mom hurt so much because of the things my sister does? I did everything my mom wanted the rest of the day. She relaxed while the rest of us cleaned the house.

It's odd that my sister has always been my mom's favorite. My sister was much closer to my mom than I was. It's funny how things change when you grow up and become an adult. My mom's parting words today, "At least I have one daughter".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home