Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Friday, December 29, 2006

Suddenly,

"Suddenly, nothing seems so important as my sanity."

Words scrolled in large letters taking up the entire page of a teenage girl's journal. The writings I found last night of self-hatred made me weep for that girl. How could those pages be overlooked for so many years? How did I move from place to place and never see those words? A notebook full of paper, and only a few pages of awful, biting words. It isn't like I didn't know what happened to that girl. All the questions are answered. She's a 30-year-old woman looking for a notebook to write some GRE vocab words in.

The sheets were torn out. The girl was left in the past where she belongs. The notebook now filled with painstakingly large words, that I don't know half the definitions of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home