Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Exactly What I Needed

Today wasn't the best day, though it was near 60 degrees out. I was anxiety ridden and extremely tired with my horrible stomach pain (which I thought was a thing of a the past). Ulcer? Who knows. I want my mom, I want to be at her house. I miss my little brother, and was thinking of him all day. So, when I got home I called my mommy. I talked to her for a bit and then asked to talk to my boy, ummm, I mean young man.

He was in a good mood, not his normal teenage hum-drum mood. I said something to the effect of being his uncool older sister. To this he replied, "No, you're my cool sister."

What?!??!!

I said, "You just made my whole day!"

2 Comments:

At 3/12/07, 9:38 PM , Blogger Organica said...

Aww!

It's going to be 70 baby and the flip flops are out!

 
At 3/15/07, 1:23 PM , Blogger nuh ibn zbigniew gondek said...

As salaam alaikum,

I am a Ottawa Muslim writer. The focus of my work is short fiction, essays, articles and poetry for a Muslim audience. Recently I wrote a poem entitled A Poem in Solidarity about a Palestinian mother and her child who are both in an Israeli military prison.

This poem become a rally point for both Manal and Nour cause (www.addameer.org).

The poem can be found here:

http://nuhgondek.blogspot.com/2007/03/poem-in-solidarity.html

Wa salaama,

nuh ibn zbigniew gondek al kitab

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home