Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Healing

I'm amazed at what our bodies can do. I cut my finger pretty deep the other day. I've watched it heal the last two days. It's almost like a paper cut now, healing from the inside out. Our bodies heal so fast, but our hearts are more difficult to mend. A cut on the had takes almost no effort from me; a band-aid and maybe a little ointment. I don't have to think about making it heal. My heart is such a mental process (which makes you wonder why it's called a "broken heart" in the first place, since it's really a brain process). I have to concentrate so hard not to think of things that will make me cry. I have to do all the healing work, and it just takes so darn long! Why can't my body just heal it up the way it does with everything else, with very little help from me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home