Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Panic!

My dad frantically tried to call me for 15 minutes before he finally got through. I had given my sister a ride to work the day before, and he was the one to bring her back home. We had all gone over that bridge. My dad's greatest fear: that I had picked up my sister and we were on that bridge together as it collapsed. Alhamdulilah, Wednesday was my sister's day off. Alhamdulilah, we were at home, safe. I have never heard that type of panic in my dad's voice though, and then the relief. Relief.

I pray for those families that lost loved ones. I pray for those that are still waiting to find their loved ones. May they also find relief.

3 Comments:

At 8/2/07, 7:51 PM , Blogger Organica said...

I called Umm A because she works right near the bridge. I know you don't go to the city except on the weekends.

THANK GOD YOUR SAFE HABIBITY!

 
At 8/7/07, 2:43 AM , Blogger Leila said...

alhamdulillah that u r fine and safe. I am with u in dooa for those who lost their loved ones...

 
At 8/7/07, 5:15 PM , Blogger Miss A said...

InshaAllah I hope they find the missing people too, so their families have some closure. I haven't watched the news since yesterday morning (I cried too much), but there is one sister 5 months pregnant and her 2 year old that are among those missing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home