Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Remember When...

Remember when you were a Christian? If you could even call yourself that. Remember when you only asked God for help when you were in immediate need of a miracle? Remember how you used to pray, "Oh please God help me through this, if you help me through this I will never do such-and-such again!" And because you got through whatever it was you forgot what you promised to God and did such-and-such again. After all when you need God he will be there to get you out of a scrape. You really didn't have to work for it either. You didn't go to church, you didn't pray daily, you made a lot of troublesome decisions, you never asked for forgiveness. You were certain that God would be there as needed.

Remember that?

It seems like an entirely different life to me. And when my Iman is low I have to remember that life. Now I am a Muslim. Allah is with me every day. Allah is a part of everything I do. I make dua when I get into my car, when I enter the house, and many other things throughout the day. I mention Allah throughout the day because that is who makes my every day possible. I pray at least 5 times a day to Allah. Whether I have done something I regret, or just because. I praise Allah at least 5 times a day with those prayers, and I have the opportunity to make the best of my prayers. I work to please Allah. I realize that EVERYTHING is a miracle from Allah. I still make troublesome decisions, but I try my best not to repeat and ask for sincere forgiveness. Allah is here with me through all that is good and bad.

Coming out of this past Ramadan I have a better sense of self as a Muslim woman in this world. Allah hears me. I may not get everything I want. The things I want that I do get, may not be when I wanted them. Everything happens for a reason. I just have to wait through for a little while to see what the reason is. Alhamdulilah, I wouldn't have it any other way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home