Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Gotta Love 'Em

Alhamdulilah, thanks to Allah!

I love and adore many of my fellow muslims. They are good people; kind and caring.

One of the funniest things about most muslims is their hospitality. I was invited over to a co-worker's home after work today. She offered me food and I truly wasn't hungry. Her mom was visiting from their country she asked her daughter in their language why she didn't offer me food. My friend said she did, and I wasn't hungry. Then her daughter came home, the same thing again. Her daughter asks why she didn't feed me and my friend replies the same. Her daughter then says in English, "Mom she's lying to you. Americans always say they are not hungry, but they really are!" My friend looked at me and said, "That's one part of the American culture I have to try!"

I didn't escape the house without food. She made me take it to go. Her mom had a huge smile on her face when she saw me with the container!

Point being: If you're going to a muslim's house try to be a little hungry. They feel as though they've failed if they can't feed you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home