Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Appreciation

This post is all about my mom. I spent over a half hour talking with her on the phone this evening. I was reminded of things that I've always known about her, but it doesn't hurt to appreciate again. My mom and I don't always get along, but I love her dearly and appreciate so many things she's done for me.

We talked about my dad a little bit tonight. He hasn't had much to do with me in the last 6 months. It's a little weird, sad, and what else can I say? My mom tells me that he's the one that's missing out. You can't make someone be a dad. She asked if it made me sad. I said it doesn't really. Maybe it's the state of mind I've been in. Loss doesn't seem like much to me anymore. My mom's father passed away when she was young; he didn't disregard her as my dad does me. Besides I have my step-dad. He is a kind and caring person. He will call to ask how I'm doing every now and again. I know my mom and step-dad get upset over how my dad treats me, but they don't ever say anything to me.

This is the one thing I respect and appreciate the most about my mom. After her and my dad got divorced (I was 6), she didn't bad mouth him. She would always say nice things about him even if he was acting like a total tool. She didn't want to influence the way we saw our dad. My dad, on the other hand would bad mouth my mom. My mom is the one that realized I would soon see how my dad really was. She was right, and she is the one I respect for being such an ADULT about it.

Thank you mom. Thank you, thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home