Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Impressive

I am always annoyed at the behavior of many parents I observe in public. I've seen a parents at restaurants with a child, and all the parent does is talk on their cell phone the entire time. Nice quality time, eh?. Then there are the parents that completely ignore their children. Then you wonder why they scream in the store. Hello! They need a little attention, after all, you brought them with you.

I know I'm not a parent, and I'm pretty skeptical of others... Don't get me wrong, I see plenty of decent parents too. I'm just talking in general. It just touched me yesterday when I saw a father and about 10 year-old son walking into the store. They were having a nice conversation. An elderly gentleman was having trouble with what appeared to be a new car with the car alarm going off. The father stopped over to help him turn it off. He showed his son how to be kind and helpful to people. Later I came across them again in the store, still having a conversation.

I was impressed. Kudos to that dad!

2 Comments:

At 12/21/07, 3:04 AM , Blogger UmmAbdurRahman said...

salamu alaikum
Eid mubarak! I didn't recognize the number when you called my cell. InshaAllah you had a nice day.

 
At 12/22/07, 8:56 AM , Blogger Miss A said...

waley kum salaam,

I was just calling to wish you a happy Eid. I didn't get voicemail at either number. InshaAllah I hope you had a great day and hoping all is going well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home