Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Family Dinner

It's been a busy week, with a lot on my mind. I wanted to post this earlier, but didn't get a chance. Last Sunday I made dinner for my family, and took pics of course. My mom was super impressed by how I can cook and keep everything so tidy at the same time. She is like a whirlwind in the kitchen, and I clean as I go. Alhamdulilah, we had a nice dinner and spent a really nice time together.

All the dishes prepared and ready to go. I should take a better picture of the cups. I think they are so cute, they have little gold fishies on them.
Some little pre-meal yummies. Can't tell we love black olives, can ya?
Green beans, gotta be a little healthy.
Corn bread stuffing right outta the bird! Yes, I stuffed the turkey.
Garlic mashed potatos. I'm making myself hungry now.
That's right, I made the gravy myself. My mom was impressed, apparently it never turns out for her. She said it was the best gravy ever.
And... the meal is not complete without the turkey of course.
I made enough food, I bought the cookies.
My mom brought a salad too. We had so much food. Alhamdulilah.
As a side story: My mom brought some ceaser salad dressing that she just bought at the store. Her and step-dad tried it and tasted it's rancid-ness. Expiration date: 08 Dec 2005. Yummy! Don't forget to check the dates. Though the look on their faces was funny as I read the date and they started freaking out.

1 Comments:

At 11/11/07, 6:51 AM , Blogger Organica said...

Wow! What a cook, man! I am so impressed. Plus, you totally reminded me of my green set. I am sad now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Love it babe. You will make such a great wife!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home