Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Friday, August 01, 2008

Healthcare Crunch

I've been a little upset for the past couple weeks over some things going on with my insurance provider and my medical provider. Apparently the medical system I go through and the insurance are under negotiations for a new contract and no agreement is taking place.

What does this mean for me? If they don't come to a contract agreement by August 23rd, I have to find a new doctor in order to have my care fully covered. The problem with this is that I have an extraordinary physician. She never just writes me out a prescription and sends me on my way. It is a dialogue. She asks me how I feel about my medication. She informs me about what she plans to put me on, and she asks what I think about it. She is genuinely concerned about what I do. I haven't seen this in other physicians I've had. InshaAllah a deal will be made. I don't want to wander blindly through the physician forest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home