Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Egypt

Crazy traffic, too many beeping horns, dry, dusty, beautiful. Every day the guy would go through the streets with his donkey pulled cart and yell out what produce he was selling. Every day I would ask my husband, "What's he selling today?".

First day was the pyramids and sphinx. What can I say except, amazing. The second day was the Egyptian museum. Third day was the castle where the Mohammed Ali mosque is. Fourth day shopping at Khan al Khalilli. During those nights there were visits to friends and family. Two days at the beach house on the Mediterranean Sea. After this it was to Alexandria, and a stay with auntie. Then it was off to Baila, the farming city where his father's family lives. Back to Cairo and more family and friends.

That's a synapsis of my trip. I really don't know how to write all the experiences I had there. It would take hours. Maybe at some point I will get there. The one thing I can say is that I love my family. They are the warmest, friendliest people. I can't wait to go back, not only to see my husband, but to be with my family as well.

2 Comments:

At 6/27/08, 9:09 PM , Blogger jazain said...

it is hard. and i know you miss it. i laughed when you told me you went shopping in khalilli. and you didnt bring me a thing. did you like it there? there is nothing like missing egypt. it will nearly make you sick.

 
At 6/29/08, 2:50 AM , Blogger Miss A said...

I do miss it! I wish I could have spent more time at khalilli. My husband is not a very patient shopper and even less so when he has to bargain for stuff. I was kind of wishing for a sister-in-law when it came to going shopping!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home