Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Sunday, June 29, 2008

I'm In Psycho Mode

I've been there for a couple of days actually. Last Sunday night I started to work third shift for various reasons. It's quiet and peaceful, the day shift and things that go on were really stressing me out. So, I've been a nighttime psycho for a week now. Friday and Saturday are my nights off. I have been purchasing fabric all week long. I found a great place where I can use a coupon once a day for 60% of one fabric item. I spent less than 35 dollars this week and have the fabric to make 3 abayas, 2 long shirts, and 4 hijab. I already had fabric to make 2 more long shirts and 2 more hijab.

I have spent the last two nights cutting out the fabric for my 3 abayas, 4 shirts and 6 hijab. I was finally ready to start sewing. So I started on one of the abayas. Let me just say that I am a freak when I start my sewing projects. It only happens every now and again, and I will lose sleep to finish them. I am losing sleep freaking out because my sewing machine broke when I started sewing the first abaya. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I WANT TO SCREAM!

I just cut all that fabric and now I can't sew it? I was in bed for a 1/2 hour freaking out about it before I decided to get up and blog to take some of the frustration out. Now that my internal spaz attack escaped maybe I can sleep.

5 Comments:

At 6/29/08, 3:25 PM , Blogger Organica said...

Oh shucks!

Maybe a new sewing machine could be a present to yourself, in the near future :)

I was just going to suggest a business idea to you next weekend that involved your sewing machine :(

 
At 6/30/08, 8:59 AM , Blogger Miss A said...

I will still take your suggestion. I know I can't live for very long without the sewing machine. It will either get fixed or a new one purchased. It just sucks that it has to come to that.

 
At 7/1/08, 11:34 AM , Blogger jazain said...

ok so why are you in psycho mode?

 
At 7/2/08, 8:20 AM , Blogger Miss A said...

The psycho part about it is that I have piles of fabric that needs to be sewn in my living room and I've lost sleep over not being able to do it... When I get focused on doing something, I have to get it done. If not I tend to get quite agitated.

 
At 7/25/08, 9:40 AM , Blogger The Antipurist said...

A - are you still w/out a sewing machine? I have one I never use.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home