Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Chasing A Miracle

The week before I left for Egypt a coworker of mine was telling me how she once drove through a rainbow. Drive through a rainbow you say? In my head I thought, "Impossible. A rainbow is a prism, a refraction of light. By the time she got to it there wouldn't be a prism anymore because of the angle." All the scientific thoughts of impossibility went through my head.

Yesterday I went to pick up something to bring to my dad. It rained, and a huge rainbow arched through the sky. I drove home on the highway and kept looking at this amazing rainbow. The closer I got to home, the closer I got to the one end of the rainbow. My skepticism faded as I started to wonder if I could drive through it. Was today a day I would witness a miracle? All the scientific thoughts that made it impossible just weeks earlier left my head. I started to get that childish excitement. I kept looking at it.

As I turned onto the street I live on, I was underneath it, and lost sight of it. Sometimes being right really sucks. I pulled into the parking, feeling defeated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home