Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Travel Stories: Paris To Cairo

There are many reasons to hate flying, I can't stand not knowing who will be sitting next to me. For my flights I went online beforehand and picked my seats. I picked an aisle seat. So when the guy who was to sit next to me got on the plane he came up and argued that I was in his seat. No, I'm in MY seat. Then he acted like it was okay, he'd let me sit there (yeah you will, because it's MY seat).

I was exhausted and I fell asleep before the plane ever took off. I slept most of the way. They handed out those cards to get into Egypt for declaring stuff and whatnot. I brought a pen with me because I also brought crossword puzzles. I took out my pen and filled it out. That's when my super friend next to me asked to borrow my pen. I didn't want to, but what was I going to say, "No, I don't have a pen."? If you know me at all, (my sister and mom are the same way) I love my pens. I have many different kinds of pens and they are nice. So it wasn't a cheap 'ol bic. He used it and set it down on his tray. About 10 minutes went by, it looked like he might pick it up and hand it to me then he hesitated, he did that a couple of times. I was thinking, great, he's not going to give that back. Well, eventually he did. He picked it up stuck it in his mouth and started slobbering on it. All of a sudden he realized it wasn't his, took it out of his mouth, wiped it on his shirt, and handed it to me! Enough said.

Landing in Cairo was beautiful, it was dusk. The airport was a little confusing, I didn't really know where to go, but I got there. I got lucky because I was in a very long line and they told me to go to one that had just opened. I found my luggage, found a cart and was on my way. I went to the line that said, "Nothing to Declare". The guy looked at my huge suitcases and then gave me a funny look. He asked if it was all clothes, I said "mostly". He felt around in one of the suitcases, and then I was free to go. I started looking through the huge crowd waiting for people, then I looked way over to the side where hubby was standing alone, watching me look for him, and smiling. I started walking fast, and finally.... I was there.

5 Comments:

At 6/24/08, 8:50 PM , Blogger Organica said...

LOL. That was hilarious :)

 
At 6/24/08, 9:30 PM , Blogger UmmAbdurRahman said...

aaawwwww how sweet. I've been checking back to see if you've updated anymore about your trip and I almost missed this because it look so much liek the other post. Glad you updated.

Can't wait to hear more. Abdu is with my mom and if you wanna give me a call during the week I'm game. I've always wanted to go to egypt so I'm excited about your stories. talk to ya soon.

 
At 6/24/08, 10:29 PM , Blogger Safa said...

Awwwww......yes...you are there!!

 
At 6/25/08, 8:50 PM , Blogger jazain said...

one time i went through the nothing to declare and they opened my suitcase in front of all the slobbing men and all of my hot lingerie fell out. my husband was so pissed.

cant wait to hear more honey.

 
At 8/2/08, 3:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you in Egypt right now? And do I know you in Minn????

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home