Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Small Things


A friend of mine and I have had some conversations lately about the small things in a relationship. It's strange how the best relationships can suffer due to the seemingly trivial things in life.

My mom and step-dad have been together for 23 years. They have persevered through much. The one thing I admire about my step-dad is his ability to still do the small things for my mother. My ex-husband once stated, "You want a husband that is just like your step-dad." It's true. Every now and again he brings my mom flowers "just because". He writes her little notes and sticks them where she will find them while he's at work. He buys her cards for no reason and writes her love letters. He's her own personal clown; he is always making her laugh. He is still telling her how beautiful and gorgeous she is and how her eyes sparkle.

It seems inevitable that most of the small things will fade in time with a relationship. Once the woman is "caught" why put the effort forth anymore? Well guys, women need to hear these things. Women need assurance. It may seem that we are insecure, but I don't see it this way. I personally try to do small things for the man I love all the time. It just isn't as recognized, it's taken for granted. It's more noticeable when it stops. Women usually don't stop, but I feel that most men do.

Maybe I'm off in my opinion, maybe I just need to find the one who proves me wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home