Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Clueless

My mother is clueless, or so I think. There are 2 possibilities.

1) She is really clueless about me

2) She acts clueless to antagonize me

I thought I would be intuitive enough to figure it out. She just baffles me at times. Take last night. My parents were near to my apartment and stopped in. My mom gave me a shopping bag with an outfit in it. As she handed it to me she said, "I thought you could use some more clothes for work." Well, since most of my wardrobe has become a bit loose on me, new clothes are welcome.

You're wondering what the issue is, right? My mom gives me clothes, I should be happy. I am female, we live for fashion, right? I converted to islam 4 years ago. I wear ankle length skirts and long-sleeved skirts to cover myself. My mom bought me a knee length skirt and a short sleeved shirt. Where am I going to wear that? She might as well have bought me a bikini to go to work in.

I think she knows I won't wear that to work or outside the home. I can't figure it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home