Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Approaching Ramadan


As the Islamic month of Ramadan approaches I am taking a good look at myself. Ramadan is the month to become a better muslim, a better person. It is the time to do good things and ask Allah for forgiveness.

I have been measured, I have been weighed, and I have been found lacking.


I have many opportunities this Ramadan for improvement. InshaAllah:

I will be turning off the cable. Watching less TV.

I will try harder to finish the entire Qur'an. In the past I'd try to get through as much as I can on my 40 minute lunch break at work. If I couldn't eat, I was going to read. I do have one disappointment this year; my reading spot at work is gone. There was a nice corner with comfortable chairs and in the crunch for more office space has turned into a cubicle. Change is good, it's time to find a new nook or cranny in that building.

I have to figure out a way to not listen to the way my co-workers talk. It is so difficult. They have such filthy language. I've tried in the past to use my portable CD player with Qur'an. The problem is the area I work in is so busy. I am not sitting in one spot with the player. We are constantly communicating and it's difficult to tell a co-worker to hold on until you finish the ayah. They want to talk to you and they want to talk NOW. They don't understand. Any ideas? I'd love to hear them.

InshaAllah I will make the most of this Ramadan. I hope everyone can evaluate and prepare for this month. Salaam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home