Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Them


In a previous post I said I would talk about them. You know, them. I'm referring to Santa Claus and the Easter bunny, the fake characters for a couple of holidays.

Even though I am no longer christian, I do have an opinion on these guys.

First of all:
Most people teach their children not to lie. Then they teach them about these 2. They let them believe for about 10 years that a man in a red suit comes to the house in the middle of the night leaving gifts. Pretty much the same thing with the bunny. They flat out lie to their kids. They set them up for a huge disappointment when the truth must be revealed. Just wrong.

Second:
Most parents in society today talk to their kids about strangers. They talk to them about situations where some stranger could harm them. Then they tell their kids that a man in a red suit, and an overgrown bunny with a hormone problem comes into their house in the middle of the night. I don't know about you, but there isn't much stranger than either of those 2 letting themselves into our houses at night. I wouldn't want to send my kids the message that it's okay for freaks to wander about the house in the middle of the night.

I'm just saying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home