Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Voting

An email from the Muslim American Society I got today had the following reminder in it.

As you all know, tomorrow (Tuesday) is the MN Primary Elections. It is important for all Muslim citizens to provide shura (consultation) and naseehah (advice) to the politicians by voting. It is important for Islam and Muslims to have a voice in the government. DO NOT ALLOW THE MUSLIM VOICE TO BE SILENCED. Please vote tomorrow.

It really made me think. In the 2004 presidential elections my ex-husband forbid me to go to vote. He said it was unislamic. Interesting that the group of muslims he most closely listens to and identifies with differs in opinion.

Oh yeah, your work has to give you paid time off to vote. I voted on work time. He never knew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home