Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Some Day I Had

It started out just like any ordinary day. I woke up and got ready for work. I packed my lunch and I was out the door. As I walked into the underground parking I noticed a squirrel near my car. I stood frozen in place and started to freak out. I started saying quite loudly (and it echoes down there), "No, no, no, no, no! Get away! Get away from my car!" In one swift movement the squirrel was under my car and atop my tire with his head peaking out. After a moment, which seemed like forever, he bounded off and away from my car. Whew! THAT was a close one!

I was quite giggly today and weird. It all started with a Julio Iglesias commercial while I was eating my cereal. I don't know how to explain how this commercial was so hilarious to me, but every time I thought of it, I'd giggle. It was like a SNL skit; you'd have to be in my head to understand.

Then I tried to remember the words to Peter, Paul, and Mary's "Puff the Magic Dragon". A coworker and I were talking about it. I thought there used to be a Puff cartoon that was aired on TV. Okay, I just googled it, it was a cartoon. Anyway a coworker had that CD. My friend and I put it on in her car at break. We sat in the parking lot and someone walked by and looked at us really weird. We felt ashamed, and then we laughed until we had tears. The significance of this? I don't really know. She ate most of my tropical Chex mix while we listened though. It was a new tropical flavor. She really liked it, and I didn't find it very exciting. The point of that? Not really one to be had.

I was later talking on the phone with my mom and I got the hiccups. When I get the hiccups they are obscenely loud. My mom read that if you put your fingers in your ears it will get rid of them. So she got off the phone with me. I should get them more often when I talk to her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home