Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Saturday, March 31, 2007

The Search Is On

My toolbar works again! That wasn't what this post was supposed to be about, but it's been quite a while since I could make my words bold, or italic, or put some color into it! Woo hoo! I can even hyperlink now, and spell check (sorry about any previous spelling errors I had only myself to rely on).

Now to the actual content I had intended to post. I'm on the search for a car. Mine is becoming much too problematic. InshaAllah I will find a good one soon. I am however a little frustrated (and sad). My dad said he would help me find one. He hasn't talked to me in over 3 months (I'm not important enough). My mom forced me to call him, and ask him to help me. Yes I'm 30 and can take care of myself. It just helps that he knows what to look for when it comes to the mechanics of the car, I'm there to assess the image of it.

Well I found one that I wanted to look at, it's a little bit of a drive, but it might be worth it. My dad told me to go drive and look at. Then if it seems worth it he can meet me there another day to look at it. Huh? I would have to drive twice to a place a little farther away with a car that's not working the best, does that make sense? If it's a decent car do you think it's going to be there several days in a row? Someone else might come and buy it. They aren't going to put it on "hold" for me. I was also telling him about a car I saw that I called and it was already gone. He snapped that I should've been looking for it the day before then. I guess I'm just a day late and a dollar short! Sorry.

I guess this post is more about how hurt I am that my dad is treating me like this. He will never come to my house (I've invited him to dinner a few times). I've lived in this apartment for 2 1/2 years, I think he's been here twice, and one of those times was to help me move in. I used to be a "daddy's girl". It's odd how our family dynamic has shifted. Here's the before and after:

BEFORE
Me = Daddy's girl
Sister = Mommy's girl
Little Brother = Big blue eyes that will get him anything from anyone, spoiled! (Not from the same dad, not that it matters, but just informational).

NOW
Me = Somewhat of a Mommy's girl, my dad ignores both sister and I. He has his own life and doesn't really care what happens to us. My step-dad is kind of filling in too.
Sister = Drug addict who doesn't take much of an active role in this family at all. Mom suffered some seperation anxiety at first but is getting used to it. I guess when your daughter doesn't show up for Mother's day twice you start to let go.
Little Brother = Big blue eyes that will get him anything from anyone, spoiled! He needs a little extra love and attention right now too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home