Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Dinner Time!

Turkey (or Chicken) Chedder Rice Bake


You will need 2 cups of cooked rice, cooled off, so I cook that first.

Next melt 2Tbs butter or margarine in a pan on low.

Blend in 2Tbs flour and add chicken boullion cubes (my recipe asks for 2 but this was too salty for me so I added 1 and a half).

Gradually stir in 1 cup of milk.

Bring to a boil, then remove from heat.

Stir in 8oz of cubed turkey or chicken.

Now take your rice and press it into the bottom of an 8-inch non-stick baking dish. Spoon your chicken mixture over the rice. Sprinkle with 4 ounces of shredded chedder cheese (or any other cheese you might find interesting). I found this cheese by Sargento. Chedder & monterey jack with tomato and jalapeno peppers.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Oh so delicious!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home