Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Sunday, March 25, 2007

The Young Man

I watched out the window at the amazing 13-year old boy jumping on the trampoline. Still quite immature for his age he wrestled with a large bear, doing body slams on it. I quietly watched for several minutes until he glanced over and noticed. He gave me a little wave and then did a back flip to show his skillz. When I look at him I want to believe this is him. He is sweet, naive, and innocent.

His myspace page tells me a different story. What he writes on there shows me that at school he acts beyond his age. He has somehow become different, but when did this change happen? How can he think the way he does? Where does he learn this stuff? I'm worried about him, my parents are too. I love that boy so much, and I pray for him.

1 Comments:

At 3/25/07, 5:06 PM , Blogger UmmAbdurRahman said...

it's sad when you realize that you little brotehr is no longer you little brother. I hope I'm not being to presumptuous but that's who I thought of immediately.

We are going through the same thing with my 12 year old neice. When her little girl body turned into a rock hard cheerleader physique wiht boobs and a big behind it all started. She looks just like my sister did at that age. We all know what she did and that's what freaks us out.

You just have to be there for him even though he may not want you to be.

Scary, but they dont stay kids forever. I don't know what will happen when Abdu turns 13.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home