Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Friday, May 11, 2007

Changes

It seems that many changes are coming to my life. I'm quite happy with some decisions I've recently made. Though with some of this happiness also comes great sorrow. There are indeed consequences for every decision made. When one door opens, another one closes... you know what I'm talking about. This blog has had much to do with letting go. I believe it's something I've tried to do many times, but have yet to be successful.

Until today.

I truly believe I am done with that chapter of my life. The one that started about 5 and a half years ago. The ex-husband no longer bothers me (YAY!), I feel stronger in my iman every day (YAY!), and I feel that I have finally found out how to put all my trust in Allah. The last part may seem silly, but before Islam, I used to think I had to try to control everything in my life. Imagine how hard I took the things that went wrong because I have absolutely no control over them! I feel that I have finally let go of my need to control and am leaving myself in the most trustworthy hands of Allah. I don't even know how to describe the relief I feel in this realization. I have burdened myself with imaginary weight.

Today I feel lighter, freer, and ready to open that door and bolt through it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home