Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Monday, April 30, 2007

Childhood

I watched these girls play in the dirt outside my window. I remembered the carefree things I used to do as a child. I used to go in the pond looking for frogs, oh yes, frogs. My friend and I would always go in search of the big frog named "Godzilla". We dug on the shore of the river for crawfish. We once rescued a baby bird and fed it worms. I fed a bird worms? I used to touch worms, would never do it now. I used to go fishing with my grandparents and put worms on the hooks.

I was a builder and a carver. I would try to make a bow and arrows out of sticks and string. In hindsight, a rubber band may have worked better. I just had fun whittling sharp points in my arrow sticks. My parents let me have a pocket knife, I still can't believe it. I was ever trying to make a treehouse in the big tree in my yard. I hammered stairs to the tree. I hammered with nails! I'm sometimes amazed at the things my parents let me have and use. I used to do some really amazing things.

What happened to this girl? What did I turn into? I would never touch a frog, and definitely not a worm. Gross!!!! I still love to build and put things together. I'm always up for putting things together like my desk that I had to assemble, or my table. It's fun.

It rained alot today, I have the biggest urge to play in the mud, to be a kid. Unfortunately, I'm adult and need to wash the floors. I look forward to the day when I have children and can live vicariously through their love of frogs and worms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home