Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Friday, June 08, 2007

Desert Bloom

Yesterday amidst all the hurt and anger I decided to leave my apartment. I had one place to go where I knew I would feel better, safer. I went to my mom's house. I didn't call and ask if they'd be home, I just went. One hour later I arrived at their driveway in tears. It took only moments to calm down, to feel like I was okay, to feel SAFE. There are so few people to truly rely on in this world. My mom and I may have an odd relationship, but I know she is there for me.

We walked around the yard looking at some new flora my mom planted. Watching as the dog decided to be ambitious and pick up a branch that was about 5 feet long. She dragged it a short distance and started chewing on it. Then we went to the other side of the house to see some pretty flowers in that garden area. That's when I noticed it (and wished I'd had my camera with me). There was this dead little mound of a bush amongst the other flowers, and growing out of it was one small beautiful magenta flower. My mom told me that step-dad was going to dig it out and throw it away. She said "Nah, let it be for now". I wish I'd had my camera with me.

One small bloom out of what looked dead. Life is amazing, life is hopeful. If that flower can make it, so can I. Even though everything around me looks dry and dead, I will bloom. It may not be as soon as I would like, but I have hope.

3 Comments:

At 6/9/07, 10:07 AM , Blogger Organica said...

Alhumdulilah. The power of faith :)
I love this post, I am bookmarking it on my blog.

 
At 7/2/07, 5:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful sentiments sis, I love it! It has inspired me, thank you.

 
At 7/3/07, 11:17 PM , Blogger Miss A said...

Thank you sis. I'm glad that I can touch somebody with what I write every now and again. Allah bless!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home