Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Reality?

Back to home, back to work. Business as usual. Then why does it feel like I'm walking through a fog? Last night was the first night I've slept alone in over 2 months. It's a good thing I was so exhausted, or I may have dwelt on things a bit more.

We went to my security checkpoint first where we said some pretty quick good-byes. It was hard to be watched by his brother and sister-in-law and try to say good-bye. I started to cry, he started to get teary-eyed. We said our quick good-byes and love you's before we both started crying too much. That was that. My plane boarded 45 minutes late and took off an hour later than it was supposed to. I sat on that plane for far too long. My sister picked me up. She had her boyfriend's little sisters with her, 10 and 14 years old (the little one loves me). I held off crying until I heard the voicemail my husband left on my phone before he got on his plane. Then I shamelessly cried in the car.

I cried off and on at work today. I will probably do it again tomorrow. It will get easier (won't it?). I keep telling myself it will. Allah give me the strength and the patience.

3 Comments:

At 1/31/08, 6:47 PM , Blogger Organica said...

:) InshAllah you will be reunited soon. Good stuff never comes easy. If you both want this, you will just have to work on some patience, inshAllah.

I think it's cute your husband cried. I really wanted to come by to see you guys, but the timing was off. InshAllah we will all meet under better circumstances soon!

 
At 1/31/08, 9:58 PM , Blogger Miss A said...

InshaAllah it will all be fine, I think the first few days will be the most difficult.

He is very sweet mashaAllah. I am very lucky.

I wish we could've gotten the chance too... InshaAllah another time. Just focus on feeling better.

 
At 2/2/08, 10:26 AM , Blogger UmmAbdurRahman said...

crud......i lost my comment. i'll try this again.

so, honestly it doesnt get any easier but you wil get better at dealing with it. I can say that
9 1/2 months into my own situation that you, inshaALah, wont always feel the way that you do today. You wil be just fine.

Just remeber that in the grand scheme of things this is only a small portion of your entire life. Once it is over you will never have to go through it again inshaAllah.

Take care and keep in touch,
maryam

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home