Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Monday, January 14, 2008

She Said It

She actually said it. My mother actually said, "You know that Sally Field movie... Not Without My Daughter." Yep it was mentioned. She thinks my husband is going to whisk me away to an arab country and she will never see me again. I had my suspicions that she was thinking that movie when she mentioned this before... but she actually said it today.

Mothers of Muslim-converted daughters; GET OVER IT!!!! One movie does not make all the arabs bad kidnappers of your daughters. That movie has made it somewhat difficult for the families of muslim converts to trust their new son-in-laws.

Well, little does my mom know... my husband and I plan on her coming with me when I go to visit. Do you think he's going to imprison you there too mom?

(Please note: I find it funny that my mom said this and she was being kind of funny when she mentioned it this time)

2 Comments:

At 1/15/08, 2:58 AM , Blogger UmmAbdurRahman said...

the funny thing is that the movie takes place in iran and ahem...iranians aren't arab. all our moms think that all muslims are arab even after we try and tell them otherwise.

my mom is more worried about my marriage going sour and my husband taking abdu to algeria and you know what she has a valid point because most muslim countries(among many others) don't respect US custody laws. While a husband will have no way to keep you there, he sure is capable of keeping the kids.

I hate even thinking of this subject and I hate that movie even more.

 
At 1/15/08, 11:45 AM , Blogger Safa said...

My mom brought it up to me too...sigh.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home