Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Strange Things Happenin' In The Heights

Yesterday on my drive home from work I saw an oddity. A couple people on a busy intersection of the highway dressed in statue of liberty costumes. They were holding signs that said, "Honk if you love liberty". It wasn't really warm out there... what odd balls.

That reminded me of last month...

My coworker and I were going out to the car after having a company luncheon at a different building in our company. I looked down the sidewalk we were about to cross, and got a little disturbed at what I saw. I pointed and exclaimed, "Running Santas, Look!" That's when my coworker said, "Running Santas?", and started to make a run for it. She booked it across that sidewalk and crouched down behind a parked car. She was actually freaked out by the 4 people out for a jog in 5 degree weather dressed in Santa suits. I've never seen her 60-year old body move so fast!

You never know what will happen in the heights.

2 Comments:

At 1/13/08, 1:30 PM , Blogger UmmAbdurRahman said...

hahahahaha ive never seen any people in costumes near my work. however, one day i was stopped at a redlight in front of the famous "Somali starbucks". a man and a woman were walking down the street. the man turned around and punched the woman right in the face. they began to beat eachother up. they were pulling eachothers long hair and when the lady refused to walk with him he yelled at her for not walking fast enough. can you believe she ran to catch up with him?

is your coworker afraid of santa? LOOOL

 
At 1/13/08, 4:03 PM , Blogger Miss A said...

I think it had something to do with the way I said "Running Santas!". Also there is something so unnatural about 4 thin Santas running down the sidewalk. Santa shouldn't be that fast!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home