Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Thursday, December 27, 2007

This Is How It's Done

Okay, so I didn't intend for it to happen like it did. I had every intention of cooking the dinner myself, but.... well I learned something AND I didn't have to cook.

It started when I decided to make fattah for my husband. I know he wanted it, (we were invited to someone's house for it, but couldn't go) so I tried to look up some recipes online. I thought, "Hey, I can make that. It doesn't look that hard." Then I questioned some of the ingredients in the soup part of the recipe. So, I asked him if all that went in the soup. He shook his head and asked, "Why?". I explained that I was going to try making it. That's when he got "the look". You know the one, right? The one that says, "If she makes that it's not going to be right". That's when I barely heard him say, "I know how to make it". Huh?

So we went to the grocery store later and got the rest of the ingredients, and other groceries. We got home and he started cooking. I unpacked the groceries and started making a salad, therefore missing many important steps in fattah making. So, when he asked if I knew how to make it now... I said I missed half of it, and he'll have to show me again.

That's how you get your husband to cook.

2 Comments:

At 12/28/07, 4:12 PM , Blogger UmmAbdurRahman said...

so, was it good?

 
At 12/29/07, 10:03 PM , Blogger Miss A said...

It was delicious! And his friend ratted him out today... he can cook a lot of other things really well too... Hmmmm.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home