Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

I had a really nice day with my mom today. I got up very early and dragged my sister with me so I could make mom some breakfast. I forgot the camera, so no pic, but it was super delicious. I made a french toast bake and some turkey sausage links.

Here's the French Toast Bake recipe:

1 1/2 pound loaf of cinnamon bread
8oz. cream cheese
1 dozen eggs
2 cups of milk
1/2 cup maple syrup

In a 9x13 pan spray it with cooking spray. Rip the cinnamon bread into hunks and toss in pan. Put chunks of the cream cheese over the bread, make them a little bit small. Mix the eggs and milk together and pour over the bread. Pour the maple syrup over the bread. Put foil over the pan and bake at 350 degrees for half an hour. Bake an additional 30 minutes without the foil.

Note: If you are baking with a glass pan, bake at 325 or it will overcook.

The fam loved it. My mom was surprised. She asked, "What are you doing here so early?".

It was so nice. I hope everybody had a really nice day. If you are a mother, happy mother's day. If you were able to spend the day with your mother, I hope you were able to give her a fantastic day.

1 Comments:

At 5/13/08, 10:46 PM , Blogger UmmAbdurRahman said...

sounds yummy. it's nice you were able to give your mom a special day. i miss my mom :(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home