Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Harassment and "Real People"

Harassment: Okay just a brief mention of the harassment I've had this week. The other day someone yelled something nasty to me on my drive home from work. Today I was being mocked by teens in the car next to me at a stop light (TWICE) on my way home from work. It's odd, but I haven't been harassed so much for being muslim before this week! What is going on? Do they let all the ignorant people out at the same time I leave work?!!

"Real People":
I don't usually meet people off the internet, but I have talked to a few people online. Let's face it this place is a total facade. Nobody is who they say they are. Even if you talk to them for months, you will find that they are nothing like they say. It doesn't matter what race, color, or religion; internet people are not real. Eventually you will find something about them that is shocking and crazier than you imagined! The internet is not the safest place to display yourself. So think wisely about who you talk to and about what information you give. We've all heard it before. It's a good thing I didn't get too burned by that flame! From now on I'll just deal with Real People instead of "Real People".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home