Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Monday, August 07, 2006

A Little About Rudeness and Tact

RUDE defined as: 1 crude; rough 2 barbarous 3 unrefined; uncouth 4 discourteous 5 primitive; unskillful

TACT defined as: delicate perception of the right thing to say or do without offending


I am realizing that some of the people I surround myself with are RUDE. These people lack TACT. In this case I am not referring to my co-workers. Sadly I am referring to people that I have considered to be my friend.

A person that is a friend should not say things to put you down. A friend shouldn't make you feel any more horrible about things than you already do. In other words a friend should not be RUDE. It's as simple as that. If I care about someone I want to tell them exactly what is on my mind. There isn't any need to hide the truth from a friend. What makes all the difference is the way you say what needs to be said.

I try to use TACT when dealing with friends. I say what I have to say in a way that makes them feel good even if what I'm saying might be difficult to hear. I want to surround myself with people that can try to put things in a more positive light. I feel bad enough sometimes all on my own, I don't need someone else to help me in that area.

Friendship is NOT a competition. Friendship is NOT putting someone else down in order to make yourself feel better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home