Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Literature


I graduated with 3 majors, one of them being English Lit. You have to realize that 4 years of college will only allow you to cover a certain amount of literature. I am trying to hit some of the classics that were not included in the classes I had. I recently read "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen. I am now working on "Great Expectations" by Charles Dickens. I am getting towards the end. I have read Dickens' "A Tale of Two Cities" a while ago. There is one thing I have learned about reading Dickens:

Never read Dickens if you are depressed.

If you are looking for a happy ending, Dickens will not provide you with it. Look elsewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home