Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Paranoid Mom

That's right, it's time for another paranoid mom post! Tomorrow evening I will be taking my little brother to a Timberwolves game (free tickets!). I told my mom that I would invite 2 muslim sisters to go with me. Her mind started going (YAY!). She said she was worried that muslim haters would see us and shoot at the car. She said that my little bro should probably scrunch down on our drive so he wouldn't get shot. She said that we (sisters) should throw ourselves in front of my little brother if someone were to shoot at us on the street. I told her I don't think anything like that will happen (I was stunned, what the crap do you say to something like that?). She said she had to consider all options, and it was possible. Then she said she thought there were christian haters out there too, but she doesn't wear Jesus on her head the way we wear scarves on our head, so it's not as obvious.

Ummmmmm...... what?

First of all, I'm her child too, but it's okay for me to get shot? It's not that I wouldn't protect the boy at all costs, but umm, I'm her child too. Second, she shouldn't assume that my friends would sacrifice their lives. Lastly, I kind of want to see her wear Jesus on her head, or maybe a big crucifix.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home