Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Friday Night: Part 2 (aka Where Do I Start?)

After the pep rally everyone was invited to stay to watch the "Power Team". We saw 3 tough looking guys, and bricks being unloaded. It looked interesting. Miss Patootie Pie wanted to stay, and I thought my little bro would like it. We stayed. First they tore open cans of pop, and let them explode on the audience. I couldn't get a good shot of that. Then they started doing other things. Below is a pic of one guy bending a metal rod.



Another guy broke a stack of bricks.



One of the guys took a teflon pan and rolled it up. A phone book was torn in half.


The highlight was the two stacks of bricks to be broken simultaneously. Before the guy broke the two stacks is when the program got really weird.


Up until that point the guys were talking like WWF guys in the microphone, hyping things up. The guy below got on the mic and started preaching, with a preachers voice, inflection and all. MPP and I exchanged a "what the heck?" glance. The guy kept looking at us as he preached, we were obvious in the crowd with our headscarves on. The only reason I didn't leave is because I wanted my little brother to see the two stacks of bricks being broken. After the bricks were broken the guy said, "Let's bow our heads and say a prayer together."


That's when we left. I don't know what the heck all that was about. I've talked with MPP about it a couple times already. I'm pretty sure they weren't brought there by my company. My company is a bit more diverse than this. I also had the additional thought that these guys never mentioned the heart walk, which is why all of us were there in the first place. So... I didn't feel too bad about turning my back, walking up the stairs, and out on these guys. I felt disgusted, disrespected, and singled out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home