Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Friday, April 13, 2007

Let's Talk About A Cheesecake For A Second

I am somewhat embarrassed by this story, and yet it is so amazingly horrifying that I have to tell it. I should have taken a picture.

I am absent-minded at times. So when I've been cleaning out the "going bad" items from my fridge I kept forgetting the cheesecake. I made a Jello brand (no gelatin in this product) no-bake cheesecake. My friend was here, we each had a small piece and into the fridge it went to stay. It stayed there for at least 5 weeks, maybe longer. Scary, I know. I was telling a co-worker how I had to remember to get rid of that cheesecake. She made fun of me. She teased me about it growing hair or looking like key lime pie instead of cherry cheesecake. Ha ha ha ha ha.

What's the scary part of this story you ask? I'm certain you are disgusted with me for not getting rid of the thing sooner, but in a way I'm glad I didn't. I took it out and uncovered it... and... it looked EXACTLY the same!! Talk about preservatives!! We put that crap into our bodies. I might live to be 200 with all the unknown preservatives going into me. Ewwwwwwwwwwww. Someone asked me if it was in a cold spot in my fridge and had possibly frozen. The answer is "no".

Don't be surprised when I announce that I'm an organic eating vegetarian.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home