Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Monday, September 17, 2007

Day 5: Determination

We are skipping over day 4. It was not the best of days. The only fruitful thing to come out of it was a complete and total resume makeover. It was a family fall-out day. I was talking on the phone with my mom and she was already angry and upset about something; then proceeded to yell at me and tell me what a horrible child I am. That's not exactly the type of thing I want to deal with right now. So it was an emotional day, but alhamdulilah, I read Quran and felt at peace again. That's what I'm really striving for this Ramadan, an inner sense of self and peace.

Today though, today is a day of determination. I am determined to get some things done in my life that I've wanted to. I am gaining strength this Ramadan, and I can feel it.

I am determined to go back for my master's degree next fall.

I am determined to find a different job.

I am determined to stick with a workout plan.

All three of these things are very important to me, and I'm taking the steps to get where I need to be. If Allah wills, these goals will be achieved.

1 Comments:

At 9/18/07, 3:04 AM , Blogger Organica said...

Love the attitude! If only I can drag my fasting butt to the gym.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home