Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Fever Made Me Funny

For the past 36 hours I've lived in my bed. Can I even call it living? Mid-Thursday all of a sudden it felt as though someone had severely beaten me. The doctor laughed and said he hadn't heard it described that way before. My friend brought me to urgent care, and sure enough I have influenza. I was a bit scared because when you get something like that plus have something like diabetes... it freaks me out. The way I felt Thursday, I honestly thought I was going to die. The doctor gave me some drug called Tamiflu, if taken within the first 48 hours will lessen the flu to just a few days instead of a week or more. Alhamdulilah.

The best part of this whole situation was my fever. Well, not the actual fever, but the fever-induced thoughts. I can't even remember most of them, but I do remember thinking I was hilarious. I was in my cocoon of blankets laughing.

Alhamdulilah, I can actually get up today. I can actually sit in front of the computer for a little bit. I read Organic's post about her own personal miracle. Just the ability to feel half-alive is a miracle for me today. I can't wait until I feel good enough to clean and Lysol down the house.

5 Comments:

At 3/15/08, 11:40 AM , Blogger Organica said...

Ohhh! Salamitk. I hope you are feeling a little better. I am glad you went to the doctor's right away.

 
At 3/15/08, 1:49 PM , Blogger UmmAbdurRahman said...

so much for me inviting you to the mall today. I'd love to stop by and take care of you but I just can't risk abdu gettin sick before our trip. inshaAllah you will feel better soon and back to your old self before you know it.

Remember to keep hydrated and don't push yourself too much.

 
At 3/16/08, 6:56 AM , Blogger Miss A said...

Salaam ladies,

Thanks for the thoughts to get better. I wish I could've gone to the mall... blech. And I had plenty of people offer to bring me anything I needed. I denied them all. I don't want anybody to get this! Stay Away!!!

 
At 3/25/08, 10:51 AM , Blogger The Antipurist said...

The flu is the worst, Miss A! Don't you get a flu shot? I'm taking you for one next year! Although the one this year only covered like half the strains. I got lucky. DH got the flu but Muna and i didn't.

 
At 3/25/08, 6:16 PM , Blogger Miss A said...

Here's the convo with the urgent care Dr.

Dr: Did you get the flu shot?
Me: No
Dr: Next year you need to get a flu shot
Me: I have an allergy to such and such
Dr: Never get a flu shot

Sick from the flu is better than dead from the flu shot! But thanks for the offer! Lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home