Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Murphy's Law

We all know Murphy's Law right? "Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong". Well, one of my friends always says, "Miss A, whatever can go wrong, will happen to you."

Yesterday started with a dead battery in my car. I've already missed enough work, and had to get there. A coworker gave me a ride. I got home and my step-dad stopped by to give me a jump start. This is supposed to get my battery recharged and okay. I tried to go somewhere a couple hours later.... dead battery. My dad says to get a jump start from my sister.

My sister's car was acting up yesterday too. She didn't want to jump start me, but agreed anyway. So we went to Wal-Mart to get jumper cables. On our way back her car died at the stop light of a busy intersection. We had to push. Her car is a heavy duty American made car. It sucked to push it so far. We got it into the mall parking lot. Let's remember I'm recovering from the flu. The physical labor mixed with the cold air made me throw up as we were walking into the mall. I'm throwing up, my sister is gagging, and people in the parking lot are staring at us. Oh well.

My dad came to the rescue. We got an alternator for sister's car and a battery for mine. Unfortunately we had to do the alternator first in the mall parking lot. I got home super late. So much for my flu recovery efforts.

Favorite quotes of the evening:

Me: I just wanted a darn chicken wing!
Dad: (whips his head around) What does a chicken wing have to do with all this?


Dad: Both of your cars are ganging up on me!

2 Comments:

At 3/19/08, 10:23 PM , Blogger Organica said...

That's pretty much been this week, month, year and lifetime.

I need a new life and new car, pretty please!

 
At 3/20/08, 1:32 PM , Blogger UmmAbdurRahman said...

i hate days like that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home