Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Exploding Light Bulbs and New Discoveries


Aaaaaah, a day off of work. Nothing quite like starting a 4 day weekend! I did, however work hard in the house. I started off my day by doing my workout. Since I was already gross I decided I would start cleaning (I have no idea where the motivation came from). I have a list of "spring cleaning" items that I work into my normal cleaning routine. I get a few done every week, this week I cleaned the patio doors, vacuumed the heat registers, and dusted the vanity lightbulbs and fixtures. When I got to this last chore I had a bit of glass cleaner on a towel. I decided to gently wipe the dust off of the bulbs, there are six of them. I got to number 5, and didn't wipe good enough so I had to make a second pass. It exploded! I didn't know that would happen! I screamed! I'm so lucky I didn't get a glass shard in my eye. I barely touched the thing!

Lucky enough for me I had just bought a 3-pack of those bulbs because 2 were burnt out before. So I grabbed the last one from the closet and put it in. I continued on with my cleaning of the bathroom: the mirrors, sink, tub, and toilet. When I was done I looked up at the vanity lights, another one had burnt out. I should have spent a little more for the 6-pack.

The other day I discovered a light switch in my kitchen. It's in an odd place, and I guess I never paid it any attention. I flipped it a couple of times, but couldn't figure out what purpose it had. I shrugged my shoulders, left it alone, and promptly forgot about it. I went in the kitchen with the vacuum to get any spider webs I might find on the ceiling or top of cupboards. I looked up at the ceiling and noticed a vent like the ones that are fans in the bathroom ceilings. Hey, can you guess what the light switch is for? I have a fan directly above the stove that I use, I never really thought there would be another one on the ceiling! I've lived in this apartment for almost 2 years now... it's amazing what treasures remain uncovered!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home