Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The "All-Natural" and Mom


My mother has the best intentions, I'm sure. She does get somewhat aggrevating at times though. She is doing things the "all-natural" way. Which, is not the worst thing in the world. She has been symptom free for 3 years from a serious condition she was diagnosed with. This is not a condition that is reversible, so I do see that this way can work. Sometimes she seems to go over the top though.

Recently she learned of something called the "Chi Machine". She gave me the DVD to watch, and I watched some of it, until I couldn't take it anymore. Someone lent her the machine and she believes it really works. I have my doubts. The guy in the video has the most monotonous voice ever. I could hardly endure the few minutes of the video I watched, let alone an hour. I hope I don't offend anyone who believes in this machine, but I think it's a crock o' crap. I was telling a coworker about the video, and her cousin was trying to sell them before. $500 for something that moves your ankles back and forth. I can pay my little brother 10 bucks to do the same thing for 5 minutes. Apparently many people believe in it and buy it. I guess if you believe hard enough, you can tell yourself that anything is making you feel better. Ahhhhhh, the power of positive thinking!

On a side note to the video: The guy had the bun and burger of a McD's Big Mac. Just the bun and burger, no sauce or anything had ever been added to it. He claims that he has kept them in the Big Mac box for 9 years! He says they have never molded or turned funky. He is claiming that they add so much preservative crap that they don't decompose like they should and we are putting this junk in our bodies. I wonder if it's true, or if he bought it that morning for the video... I think I may have to purchase one and keep it around to see for myself! Seeing is believing.

Well I can't talk about the all-natural stuff without mentioning the all-natural doctor. My mom goes to an all-natural healing doctor. She feels that I should go to. She does anything and everything to push me towards this. It's not a step I am ready for. The way that I would have to eat would change, and all the supplements (vitamins) that I would have to take would be too much for me. I'm not ready. So one day she calls me and asks me if I would go if I had the money to pay for it. I said I might. She said good, because her uncle gave her some money so I could go. I went once and couldn't keep on the "program". The doctor only comes Minnesota once every couple of months. So he is coming soon and my mom calls and asks if I want to make an appointment. I tell her no, I have too much going on and don't have time. She calls me back and leaves a message while I'm at work. She tells me that she made both her and I an appointment. I should let her know if I want to keep it, or should she call back and cancel? Could you passive some agressive with that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home