Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Hit the Road

I hit the road and went to mom's today. The good news is, my mom wasn't the antagonist today. The bad news is, grandma was. I wasn't planning on going there when my mom told me a couple of days ago that grandma and grandpa would be visiting. They only visit from a different state about once a year. The plans I had today didn't happen, so... I called mom. She needed rescuing, bad.

I told her I wouldn't make it there in time for lunch. She said fine, and we'd be going out to dinner. She then added very fast that I didn't need to wait until dinner time to come there though. A serious cry for help!

Mom, who never drinks, had a couple. If you need to drink to deal with your own mother, there is something wrong. I must say though, I haven't had an alcoholic beverage since converting 3 1/2 years ago, and even I could have drank myself silly. I complain about my mom, but I love the woman. Mothers are frustrating to daughters at times, but I wouldn't trade her for anything. She asked me several times today if she was like her mom. NO, you're not. My mom is passive-aggressive, but she is trying to do what she thinks is good for me. Grandma, she makes mean comments in her casual conversation. She does it in an indirect way. I don't even know how to describe it. She's mean. I can take it, I let it roll off of me. I had a husband that made me feel stupid and worthless. I lived with him every day; I only have to deal with her once a year. If only my mom could let it roll just as easy... I can't save her from everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home