Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Darker Days

image from postsecret.blogspot.com
I go onto postsecret once a week to look at the new secrets posted. This week this one caught my eye. It reminds me of darker days, days before I was muslim, days I wanted to die. I used to be extremely depressed. I tried to kill myself a few times. Most of the time I just wanted to kill myself, but the one thing that saved me was the thought of a child. Not just any child, my little brother. He was between 4 and 6 while I was going through the worst of my depression. I love the boy to bits, he's cuter than a bug's ear.
I would think about how sad he'd be without me. If you are a depressed person you know this is not a common thought. You think all people will be better off without you around, that you are some sort of burden to them. He was the only one that I never thought this way about. I knew I had to stick around for him. Thank Allah I am still here, I am grateful for every day I have with him. Not only him, but all the people I love. I have found a lot of inner peace through embracing Islam. I also know how to treat my family and others in a better way.
So here's to my "little guy" (he's one inch shorter than me, not really so little any more). Here's to the precious moments I have in my mind.
*Telling me he can shake his booty in many different ways (age 4 or 5)
*Me laying on my stomach and him on my back watching as I played Pokemon on his gameboy
*Him and his use of big words, sounding so adult
*Occassionally wanting to spend time with me, despite the importance of friends
*On my wedding day telling me "not to have any baby boys to take my spot" (age 9)
*Hundreds of others... That's my boy!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home