Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

An Add-On

I think I was traumatized by my mom's behavior last Saturday and couldn't write about it until now. She was supposed to go to the baseball game with my step-dad and little brother. They irritated her and she told my dad to drop her off at my house on their way to the game. So I got to have mom for a few hours. I thought it would be fun.

I thought wrong.

She wanted to go shopping, I love shopping. I just don't particularly love shopping with my mom. We went to the nearby shopping center. We went to Burlington coat factory; which actually has clothes, shoes, and house stuff as well. My mom likes to look at everything, and I mean everything. We spent 2 hours in that store. She looked at everything and bought nothing. We went to a couple other stores in the center, but didn't spend much time there. Next she wanted to go to CVS pharmacy because she had never been to one before. It's pretty much your run-of-the-mill pharmacy like Wal-Greens, or Rite-Aid. She had to look at everything in there too. She even got a cart to put her jewelry cleaner and mascara in (that's all she purchased). She took an hour and a half. An hour and a half in a pharmacy store! I got a lot of exercise because I walked around the store about 100 times.

I was crabby by then and it was 100 degrees out, which didn't help my crabby factor. She wanted to go to DQ next for a salad. We went through the drive through. My car that has no air conditioning started to overheat. I had to turn on the heat. My mom decided to open her car door and hang out the car. As we were driving home she opened her door at each stoplight and hung out the car. Kind of embarrassing. She kept asking why I didn't have a mirror on the one side of my car. Well, it never came with one. She asked me why. I don't know why. I've had the car for 5 years, why all the questions now, why in the heat? She wanted to stop at starbucks, I stopped and parked. I didn't want anything, she yelled at me, got back in the car, slammed the door, and decided not to get herself anything either. It was too hot for me to drink coffee, but she could have gotten something.

We went home and ate our salads. My dad finally came and picked her up. I think it's funny now, but not so much at the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home