Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Names

I have spent way too much time at work lately. I ranted a bit at the amount of things my group leader asked me to do the other day. In the middle of it I said, "I'm not a work-horse, I'm a human being!" That was a ginormous mistake. I walked into work yesterday and she said, "How's my little work-horse this morning?" Crap. I'm going to be called "my little work-horse" for who knows how long!

What's in a name anyway?

Today the "Big Boss" was down in our area asking some questions about how it's going. I answered his questions and provided the information needed. He said, "Thanks *name excluded*." However it wasn't my name, but it did start with the same letter. After he left I was then accused by my co-worker of being a brown-noser, a suck-up. My reply: If I wanted to suck-up to him, he would know my name.

I must note that I have corrected this boss with my name on quite a few occasions. I finally gave up a few months ago, and have accepted the fact that he will call me by this other name forever. It's sort of amusing that whenever I do pass him in the hall or whatever, I always look down at my employee badge afterwards. I wear it around my neck, and it always happens to be flipped over so you can't see my name. Coincidence? I think not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home