Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Mom's New Job

I feel sort of bad for my mom. She's been a stay at home mom for several years now (at least 15). My little brother is 13 and she decided she doesn't need to be at home as much, so she got a job. My mom is completely clueless about work now. Don't get me wrong, she was a single mom before she married my step-dad, and she worked really hard to take care of my sister and I. She just doesn't remember what it's like. In the past she's asked me questions like "Why are you so tired?" or "Why are you going to bed so early?". She just doesn't understand how tiring work can be, or at least she didn't before this week.

InshaAllah I hope she makes it through the rest of the week with ease. The last 2 days have been quite hard on her. She's just not used to that stuff (she chose to work in retail, yuck). No offense to those that work in retail. I appreciate what you do, it's a difficult job, and you are on your feet most of the day. I would have a really difficult time doing it, that's why I can't understand why mom chose it. Let's see if she makes it to the end of the week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home