Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Friday, June 16, 2006

Withdrawals

No work for me today, Hooray!!!

Cleaning and errands instead.... blah. My cleaning and errand list looked something like this:

*Clean kitchen
*Clean living room
*Clean bath room
*wash rugs
*go to Sprint store/get phone checked out
*go to halal meat store get lamb
*go to grocery store and get other groceries
*put gas in car



I got part of my cleaning list done (not much of it though). I decided to venture out and go to the Sprint store first. It was quite hot and muggy today, you could see the humidity in the air, all hazy. I expected to get to the store and wait to have someone look at my phone, not so. I had to hand my phone over and leave it there for an hour, an hour! I got a little receipt so I could come back and pick it up. It was a movie moment, my hand shook and hesitated as I tried to hand the phone over.

I left the store and started on some of my other errands. I kept looking over at the passenger side seat, but my phone wasn't there. It drove me nuts! Someone started coming over into my lane without looking and almost hit me. It's a good thing they didn't, because I didn't have my phone!!!!!!! What if I got hit? What would I do? I didn't have my phone! The person was mere inches from my car on the driver's side! If you think you're not dependent upon your cell phone, think again. One hour seemed like an eternity! Try leaving it at home for an hour, you'll go nuts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home