Miss A's Blog

Just a muslim woman trying to make some sense out of this world. This is my creative outlet, and my place to let out frustration, and emotion.

Sunday, July 02, 2006

The Bowl

And no, I am not talking about the type of bowl you smoke. I'm muslim now, that was way back in the day (like 7 years ago). I'm talking about this bowl:


Oh yes! Isn't she a beaut? I acquired this baby about 7 years ago, what a coincidence! This bowl actually belonged to my college roommate at the time. She purchased it on a trip to the dollar store one day. At the end of the school year she wanted to unload some stuff and I inherited this. It is one of the best things that has ever happened to me. The end of my senior year and what better gift than this sturdy yellow bowl?

You may wonder why I still have it. Does it match my fine dining ware? No, it most certainly does not. Do I have other bowls like it? No, it matches nothing in my kitchen whatsoever. It is sturdy, it's bigger than a regular bowl, it can be microwaved, and I use it all the time.

This bowl was the center of many arguments between my ex-husband and I. Not because he wanted to get rid of it. No, no, we fought over who would use it. That's right, we fought over the stupid, cheap, dollar store bowl! I looked at many a dollar store to find him his own bowl. They just don't make them like this anymore. When he left he tried to take it. Yeah right! Like I was going to give that up. I was never happier than to have the bowl to myself again.

So he may have damaged my self-esteem, but HA! I still have the bowl!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home